DPO Dies Days After Masquerade’s Arrest, Unmask…

Barley three days after a masquerade was arrested and shamefully unmasked in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, the Divisional Police Officer of the station, Superintendent of Police SP Olusegun Dada died.

Police operatives attached to Ibara Division where the late Dada superintended over had arrested a masquerade in Ijeja for allegedly flouting the state at home order by the state government over the ravaging corona virus pandemic.

Sources said while the masquerade was arrested, hauled into Police van and taken to the station, its followers fled. At the station, it was learnt that the highly revered ‘being from the world beyond’ in the entire Yoruba land was shamefully unmasked and forced to make statement on why it (he) defied the social distance order and thereafter, detained. The masquerade was reported to have wept bitterly while writing his statement under caution knowing full well that it (he) will be detained.

But CrimeWorld scooped that just three days after the denigration of Yoruba ethos and belief on the Egungun the Divisional Police Officer took ill and died. However, the Ogun State Police Command has since dispelled the belief that the death of their officer had anything to do with the arrest of the masquerade. The Command’s PRO, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi in a press release made available to CrimeWorld said the speculation of arrest of the masquerade as probable cause of death of the DPO was no less unfounded adding that the late DPO had been in a sick bed prior to the arrest of the masquerade. Ambimbola said

, “The attention of the Ogun State Police Command has been drawn to mischievous information circulating on the social media attributing the untimely death of one of the finest, humble and dedicated officers of the command to the recent arrest of a recalcitrant masquerader, who violated the social distancing directives of the federal and state governments.

The command wouldn’t have taken issues with those circulating the fake news, but the wrong and mischievous impression needs to be clarified. The late DPO had been on the sick bed for the past one month, battling with an ailment, which later resulted in his untimely death. “Contrary to what the mischief makers wanted the public to believe, the late DPO was not on duty when the said masequerader was arrested, because he was in hospital.

The masequerader was arrested on Sunday, March 29, 2020, for violating the government’s directive, while the DPO was on the sick bed at the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, until he breathed his last; he was not even aware of the said masquerader’s arrest. It will be ignorant of anyone to attribute the DPO’s death to the arrest of the recalcitrant masequerader just to attract traffic to blogs.

Anybody, who might have had reasons to meet the late DPO when he was alive, would attest to his humble and polite nature. He was an embodiment of what a gentleman officer should be and the Nigeria Police Force, Ogun State Police Command, in particular, will forever miss him. To those circulating the unfounded rumour, your mischievous information will not deter us from carrying out our constitutional duty. If pastors a and imams can be arrested for violating the government directive, no masquerader should think of being above the law. May the good Lord bless the soul of our departed officer and console his family and friends.”

Leave a Reply